Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
llky

not cooling Kenmore 596.57542791

9 posts in this topic

My Kenmore side by side refrigerator model 596.57542791 is not cooling. The compressor is running I checked the freezer and it was frosted on the back wall.The evaporator fan was not running.I took off the back panel and the evaporator was frozen up.I turned the defrost timer into the defrost cycle and the defrost heater comes on.I then turned the timer into the refrigeration cycle and the evaporator fan came on.I'm thinking that the evarorator fan should be running when the compressor runs.Is this right?Also what would have made it freeze up?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

From your description it sounds like you have a faulty defrost timer. Did you let the timer complete the defrost cycle?

Thanks for the replies.No I did not let the timer complete the defrost cycle.What about the evaporator fan?Should it be running when the compressor runs?

... evaporator fan?

... Should it be running when the compressor runs?

not always,

I think only when the Defrost Thermostat is cold again (closed) after Defrolst.

Kenmore 596. made by Amana

I'm trying to find a wiring diagram...

not always,

I think only when the Defrost Thermostat is cold again (closed) after Defrolst.

Correctillia.

And what is that temperature in the freezer?

OR, it coul;d just be a bad Evaporator Fan.

Is there 120v there ?

Yes there is 120 volts at the evap fan.Should it always be running when the compressor is running?

Yes there is 120 volts at the evap fan.Should it always be running when the compressor is running?

should be running if there's 120v at the Evaporartor Fan Motor

Only runs [when the Compressor is running and the Defrost Thermostat is closed (cold)]