Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mmoore5553

Jenn Air JER8885QAS range - right-front stove top burner not working

31 posts in this topic

L1 = #2 (common to both ribbon elements)

L2 = #1 & #3 (I believe #1 is the outer ring which isn't working and #3 is the inner ring that is working)

Put one meter lead on #2 and the other is placed on #1 or #3 and you should get a reading of 240 volts

if the switch is working correctly and set to the correct position.

... I got the 240v on the pins

between which combination of Pins ?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Okay i figured it out. It was me this time . I turned off the dual burner part to test the old part. I flipped it back on and it works. Thanks again everyone. I am putting up beer money.

That's alright, amigo-- it was a fun romp and we got to see some purdy pitchers of the elements all aglow and atwitter. And we all learned a thing or two. :thumbsup:

Curious i was trying to set the clock on the stove and now it says SAB ? on the digital display and shutting off power via the breaker and leaving it off did not fix it. I know i held the clock button in.

Okay i fixed it by just holding the clock button in again.

SAB = Sabath ..

Ovens usualy have that option so that you can't cook on that religious day