Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greggarrett

Maytag Washer Model A712 top loader. The washer fills with water on its own, without being turned on. It fills very slowly for no reason

5 posts in this topic

My Maytag washer is acting strange...it fills with water on its own. The water fills slowly, with the lid up or down. You do not hear the water coming into the washer. If the lid is down, the washer will actually start to cycle on its own after the water level has. risen.

I thought maybe the control was stuck, but I cycled it several times, and it always seems to go off. This has been happening for about 6 months now. There is no noise coming fromm the washer when this happens.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Greg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... the washer will actually start to cycle on its own after the water level has. risen.

with the Timer set to OFF ?

In most cases if water enters the unit without it being in a wash cycle it's a bad water inlet valve but if it's starting with the timer in OFF position sounds like you have a timer problem as well.

Edited by phydeauxe64

Unplug washer from wall between uses, still have the problem ? if so, change that valve.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0