Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
BrokeLoser

Squealing / squeaking Whirlpool Duet WGD9400su...help please

23 posts in this topic

Hello all....my 4 year old Whirlpool dryer was making a loud squealing noise every time when used for about three weeks then yesterday I heard a snap / pop sound and now nothing...it powers up and that's it.

Rather than pay the guessing game I'm hoping someone here can help....Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello all....my 4 year old Whirlpool dryer was making a loud squealing noise every time when used for about three weeks then yesterday I heard a snap / pop sound and now nothing...it powers up and that's it.

Rather than pay the guessing game I'm hoping someone here can help....Thanks!

sounds like u lost your belt take off bottom kick panel by removing the screws underneath panel probally torx head screws

whats model number????

sounds like u lost your belt take off bottom kick panel by removing the screws underneath panel probally torx head screws

whats model number????

The model number is:

WGD9400su

Belt number 661570, pulley assembly 279640 I'm sure the helpful gentlemen at repairclinic have this in there stock

But you can't go wrong with the repair kit KDOG posted, I keep 3 of those kits on my van 24/7!!!!!!!

Holy crap....that's probably the kit my buddy that I thought didn't know what he was talking about was talking about..hope that made sense...haha

I get that alot

... built 1965 and later and Thin Twins"

... Mine is only 3 years-ish old.

3 years old = built 2008

that's later than 1965 :whistling:

not earlier than 1965

3 years old = built 2008

that's later than 1965 :whistling:

not earlier than 1965

Just seems strange that any part or parts could or would be 'universal' for applications spanning more that 4 decades....don't see that everyday.

The idler pulley's on these newer dryers are extremely poor quality. The last one I did a few days ago also had a broken motor pulley. The belt cut half way through the idler pulley before it snapped off the motor pulley.

The idler pulley's on these newer dryers are extremely poor quality. The last one I did a few days ago also had a broken motor pulley. The belt cut half way through the idler pulley before it snapped off the motor pulley.

Is their a another after market brand or type you would recommend that may be better quality?

Not that I know of. I think your stuck with what you get.

okay, so i got my kit today...the video and instructions on how to replace the parts is geared towards a different type of dryer. Mine is the

Whirlpool Duet WGD9400su...does anyone know where I can find a video or instructions a little more specific for my dryer?

Thanks!

Try this one:

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Embedded video in post. :)

Try this one:

thanks for that...it looks close to mine and will probably work...however the control panel is different and it appears mine comes apart differently than the one shown in the video. Does anyone know how to remove the control panel on my wgd9400?

This is my exact model:

4813_1.jpg

Thanks

the round thing that starts in the middle and goes around the door it just pulls off start there and take top off and then the hole panel comes off

the round thing that starts in the middle and goes around the door it just pulls off start there and take top off and then the hole panel comes off

okay, got it.....THANKS!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me out on this. Thanks to you guys I got my dryer apart and...the rollers and belt were all still in-tact and almost perfect...however, I found the idler pulley was pretty much destroyed...the whole inside hub had worn away. I replaced all the parts since I had the dryer apart and the whole kit in front of me...put it back together and it seems to work like new!

This was definitely a job I would not have tackled had it not been for you guys...THANKS AGAIN!

Good Job! Thanx for the update

Talking bout that tear drop piece of trim what's the trick to getting those off without the clips coming off??? Iv worked on a handful or so of these and I've found the little clips always seem to pull off!!!

Talking bout that tear drop piece of trim what's the trick to getting those off without the clips coming off??? Iv worked on a handful or so of these and I've found the little clips always seem to pull off!!!

Wish I could help you with that...mine pulled off the "tear drop" piece and stayed connected to the door as well. I just pulled the clips off the door and left them off for now.