Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pojo60

Frigidaire FRS26ZRF, side by side, ice build up in bottom of freezer section

10 posts in this topic

Hi first time user here.

My Frigidaire refrigerator, side by side unit, Model# FRS26ZRF is building up ice in the bottom of the freezer compartment. Looks like it may be coming from the compartment that contains the coil (evaporator section?). The temp is still okay as the frozen goods are staying frozen. The other side of the unit (refrigerator) is operating normally. Is this a plugged line, defroster failure or something else?

Many thanks,

pojo60

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Most likely a plugged defrost drain line.

You will have to turn the unit off to defrost the drain line completely.

A hair dryer might assist you enough to melt the ice in the hole.

... Most likely a plugged defrost drain line.

OR a clogged Drain Line... (peas, corn, etc)

Drain Line at bottom of # 62 inside freezer

defrostdrain.jpg

with all the plastics in refrigerators now ,suggest using a portable steamer for defrosting or removing ice . they are cheaper than replacing a melted fridge linner :samurai:

Steamers seem like they would generate too much additional liquid water. I always see you guys mention them, but I've yet to use one. Heat gun has always worked fine for me!

I said the very same thing, until I got one ..............

Can't imagine cleaning/melting out a drain without one anymore - also very handy cleaners !

Hair dryer works great for me, works fast too!!!

Also use a co2 tank with foot long flexible copper line for removing plugged debris!!! Only 1/4 round fits right down in drain hole for blast off!!!!!

Also use a co2 tank with foot long flexible copper line for removing plugged debris!!! Only 1/4 round fits right down in drain hole for blast off!!!!!

If I could like it twice, I would! :dude:

I carry a portable air tank with a rubber-tipped nozzle for this.