The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tkrotchko

Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6800WW1 Agitator makes clunk

3 posts in this topic

I have about a 3 year old Whirlpool Cabrio, which started to make a slight noise as it was in the washing cycle. The noise has gotten worse until now its a full-blown clunk each agitation.

It comes from the front left hand side, and I can make the noise by pushing on the agitator/drum (whatever you call it) and push it to the left on the suspension.

What's broken, and is there a take-apart video or list to fix this?

I very much appreciate your help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks for the very fast reply.

I noticed the part is actually not listed for that model, but I popped up the top of the washer and I saw those nylon "ball joints" in there, so I assume those are correct part (edit: never mind, I needed to select the suspension pieces).

Now I have to figure out what there's a gap between the top and the rest of the washer when I pushed the top back down. ;)

(edit: never mind, I figured it out. When I first popped the lid, I didn't understand you're supposed to push the spring in, out of the way, so I bent the metal lip. A body hammer was my friend).

Thank you very much!

Edited by tkrotchko