The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
CaptQ

GE Profile (PDW7300G00BB) dishwasher - no water pumping

5 posts in this topic

I have a GE Profile (PDW7300G00BB) dishwasher which powers up and turns on. However water is not pumping (and impeller blades not turning).

Heater element is getting hot and if I dump water into the bottom, the washer will also pump it out.

To me, I'm guessing the electronic actuator for the water is broke. Any ideas?

I am handy and not afraid to take things apart. I have voltage meters so I can test components, I just need to know what to look for, test and how. TIA Herb

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are you saying water is not flowing into the basin when you start a cycle? If so, then yes, begin your investigation at the water inlet valve ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/WD15X10004/824332?modelNumber=PDW7300G00BB

It's located behind the kickplate.

You can check the valve coil for continuity. A better check would be to see if it's getting 120vac when the dishwasher should be filling.

OK, I finally got around to testing the Water Inlet Valve and it seems I'm reading zero voltage when the washer should be filling w/ water. I also pulled the cover off the float on the inside of the washer and when I put a piece of duct tape on ball of the float, it moves up and down and I here a slight clicking when moving the float up and down manually.

So maybe the float switch is shot, and maybe the control panel? I know very little about washer so I'm just guessing.

Also, are there schematics available for this washer?

Where to I find a list of common parts which typically are replaced for a washer.

check the operation of the Flood (float) Switch with an OHM meter

Check the resistance across the Water Valve.

Note the Dual Zener diodes across the Water Valve.

If it shorts, would ruin the Controller

for service manuals and other perks, become an Apprentice

from the 44 page service manual

pagefrom319085tritonxl.jpg