Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool LSR5132JQ1 Washer Service Manual Req.

bossapplesauce

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

• bossapplesauce

• Budget Appliance Repair

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

standard Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer ...

Wiring Sheet - 3954707.pdf

link PM'd

what's the problem area ?

bossapplesauce

Intermittently won't spin - the drain pump kicks on but it won't spin. Haven't torn into it, but first suspect is lid switch. Any other troubleshooting advice or doc's would be appreciated.

Drain Pump mechanically connected to the Washer Motor ... Lid Switch would be OK.

The Timer should pause the Washer Motor for a few seconds after it Drains.

If not, the Transmission won't come out of Neutral.

Try this, after the Water is drained, open the Lid for a few seconds (to pause the Washer Motor)

Then close the Lid.

Does it now Spin ?

click on picture

Timer--3946451-00948934.jpg

bossapplesauce

It's intermittently working. Earlier I filled the tub about 1/4 full and manually advanced the timer a click at a time with the lid open and the lid switch depressed. When it landed on "spin" it drained completely without the tub or agitator moving at all, then the agitator started to turn very slightly and very slowly. I reached in and spun the drum by hand a couple times and that got it moving up to speed and it finished the cycle. That was a few hours ago.

Just went in a tried again & it went through all cycles including spin successfully by itself. This behavior is consistent with or without the machine loaded.

So yeah, switch is fine, but that's all I'm sure of at this point. :)

Edited by bossapplesauce

... The Timer should pause the Washer Motor for a few seconds after it Drains.

Sounds to me like a clutch problem or stripped out basket drive block.

bossapplesauce

OK, but on this machine it starts spinning and draining at the same time. Sorry, guess I'm not following you.

Sounds to me like a clutch problem or stripped out basket drive block.

What can I do to validate those are working correctly/incorrectly?

Thanks again guys - appreciate the help

... on this machine it starts spinning and draining at the same time.

then the Transmission isn't going into Neutral before Drain.. ?

may be a Transmission problem