LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Jenn-Air # JSD2789AEB s/b/s Refrigerator-Freezer gets HOT in the summer and FREEZES in the winter.

Steve C

Thank you for all of your help so far on my LG Refrigerator (all of the re-build parts have been ordered from RepairClinic.com).

I thought I would tackle my spare (for beer and beef) in my garage. It is a Jenn-Air Model # JSD2789AEB, Serial # 10535188WQ, Rev. # 10.

Can you please send me the link for the SM?

I will start another forum when ready to proceed.

Thank you!

Edited by Steve C

... in my garage. It is a Jenn-Air Model # JSD2789AEB

from the User Manual

Install the refrigerator where the room temperature will not go below 55” F

With temperatures below 55”, the refrigerator will not run frequently enough to maintain proper temperature in the freezer

16010154 MSD.pdf

link PM'd

• Like 2

"HOT in the summer, and then FREEZE in the winter" sounds like the refrigerator isn't running at all or the compressor is bad.

The unit is in my garage inside a closet with the doors kept open for ventilation and periods of "extreme" hot and cold ambient temperatures affect the performance of the JENN-AIR. Having the SM will allow me to do some trouble shooting and begin a new forum with more specific details. Currently the refrigerator is 34 degrees and the freezer is -2.

Edited by Steve C