Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
foxcreekdog

GE JGS968TH4WW Range/Oven Display time numbers are goofy

5 posts in this topic

My GE profile range works great--no problems with cooking food, but the numbers on the display are goofy. The oven seems to cook at the temperature that I set but the display will show that it is 938 degrees or something stupid like that. It will display the time of day with numbers that have an extra line or two.

I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. I also removed the display and unclipped the ribbon, cleaned the heck out of everything and put it all back together. It is clean but still goofy. The unit is about 6 years old and I really like it, but the number thing is annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems that it would not be all that complicated.....

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

GE profile range/oven Model number (read with a flashlight from the appliance itself and triple checked for accuracy :)) JGS968T0H4WW

Thanks so much for your help!

... triple checked for accuracy smile.png) JGS968T0H4WW

GE no longer uses the "0"

JGS968TH4WW

Topic Title edited :thumbsup:

may need a new Controller

*Wiring could differ from original, will possibly need to be installed by an appliance repairperson

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1557881

Oven-Control-Board-WB27T11252-01096062.j

thanks!