Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
buck

Kenmore washer Model # 110.92195110 motor won't operate

4 posts in this topic

Kenmore Model # 110.92195110

I've replaced the clutch because of noise-loud clicking during wash cycle. Replacing the clutch didn't help the noise and finally the motor actually quit so I removed it, rotating by hand produced a similar clicking sound so I replaced the motor. The new motor will not operate in any cycle. I get a click from one of the relays(?) but that is all.

Is there a reset switch or code to punch in using the various buttons that will allow the new motor to start?

I've recheck the wiring harness for loose connections also.

Thanks for anyone's help!

buck

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dayyam, son, what in the hell'd you do? Yer gonna need do some real troubleshootin' like you shoulda-awwta done at the outset (RE: Samurai's Ichiban Law of Appliance Repair). I'd start by seeing if you're getting a 120vac to the motor at the right place. Wiring diagram and multimeter required.

Yes, I've done the checks...Test 4 ac to motor no voltage at pin 1, 2 or 3 says go to Test 5 Trans/relay board and voltages are ok...Tech Sheet says then to check connector and harness between trans/relay board and Microcomputer board. Which is OK. I've also checked the resistance at the connector for the 3 motor speeds and all are ok. Have not checked the start winding at the motor as the machine is full of water and I have to empty b4 I can move it.

If either of the two boards are out, which I suspect, I guess my wife will get the new W/D combo for Christmas! I will get to hang the 25 lb new motor from my Christmas stocking and hope it doesn't fall and break a toe or two!!!

Thanks for you help- buck

Forgot to send results...Took off board and found that overload on old motor had melted solder joint in two places on motor control relays.  Quick repair on joint and unit works like a new one.  Thanks, buck:D