Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MKeating42

Need diagnosis help for Kenmore dehumidifier 580.54351

3 posts in this topic

I have a 35 pint Kenmore dehumidifier, model 580.54351. It has not been used since last summer, when it was working fine. Now that spring has sprung, it would only run for a few minutes, then stop. For a few days, turning the humidity control knob to "off" and then "max" would convince it to run for a few minutes. Now it won't turn on at all. No fan, no compressor, no "bucket full" light (which also used to come on when the bucket was out of position).

I pulled it open and checked the fuse (fine) and capacitor (no obvious flashing or distortion). What's my next move to diagnose this thing?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sears Kenmore 580.54351 made by LG Goldstar

depending on the missing last (3) digits of the model number,

this may be a similar wiring diagram

pagefromdh30servicemanu.jpg

Check for continuity in the rocker switch.

Check voltage through the rocker switch.

Check voltage to and from the transformer.

If no voltage problem replace the control board.