Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sroof

Squealing spin cycle on Frigidare FLSE72GCS0

2 posts in this topic

Help!

I've repaired my Frigidaire FLSE72GCS0 washer but now it squeals loudy during the spin cycles. During the repair, I removed the inner spin tub and outer splash tub and I installed a new upper spin bearing (actually a bushing) and also the rubber tub seals (these both slip onto the main transmission shaft). The tub spins freely and quietly by hand (i.e., nothing rubbing or binding) but the squeal develops a few minutes after the spin cycle starts. When the spin cycle completes, the squeal lasts until the tub stops spinning (which is a minute or so after the motor and pully stop spinning).

I thought the new bearing might be too tight, so I put the old one back in but it didn't help. Maybe I need a special lubricant on the bearing or tub seals? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What did the transmission shaft look like when you removed it?

Unfortunitly the spin tube, which is part of the upper transmission case is the bearing surface that rides on that bushing that you replaced.

Most of the time when it has got to the point of needing to replace the bushing the shaft of the transmission has also been damaged and putting in just the tub bearing/bushing doesn't completely solve your problem.