Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kzlucas

Kenmore 363.9564725 refridgerator broken plastic connector?

2 posts in this topic

My Kenmore fridge leaked a pool of water on my wood floor large enough to soak through the floor saturating the ceiling insulation in the unfinished basement.

I found this plastic tubing end hanging free. It looks like it came loose from it's connection end? Also the plastic tube next to it easily pulls out from the center of it's threaded connection. Should these be able to pull apart that easily or should they be a tight connection? I'm assuming this is a compression fitting? How can I fix this?

thanks

post-70083-0-25855800-1334114156_thumb.j

post-70083-0-99303700-1334114156_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Those are compression fittings and should not pull out easily of the valve. Try removing the fitting, sliding it on the tube, then tighten it on the valve. If still loose, replace fittings. You may be able to find them at lowes home depot or get them from repair clinic (see picture below) . All you need is one 5/16 x 5/16 connector as pictured below. Just take the plastic nuts off and use them on your tubes. Make sure tbe tubing has not become too brittle. This can happen easily due to proximity of a hot compressor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Tubing-Coupler/WR2X8545/298777

Tubing-Coupler-WR2X8545-00913223.jpg

PS From the picture your connections appear to be 5/16 but if one is smaller than the other then you can purchase a 5/16 by 1/4 connector and use the nuts accordingly

Edited by Mrs. Samurai

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0