LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Thermos #430 Christa Coffee Carafe disassembly

djgiesbrecht

djgiesbrecht

Yeah, I know it's not electrical, but does anyone know how to disassemble this plastic coffee carafe from Thermos? There is something liquid sloshing around between the layers. There appears to be a rubber gasket at the top, but the disassembly point would seem to be half-way down the outside. Does it snap apart, unscrew, or is it permanantly glued?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• appl.tech.29501

• djgiesbrecht

• Kauphy Mon

i think they are permantly glued....not absolutely sure though...i do know they dont offer any parts though.

• 3 years later...

Four years after you posted your question, no doubt "I'm a day late and a dollar short" so to speak.  My Christa #430 also suffers from interior sloshing from time to time.  In fact the carafe does come apart;  the outer case screws apart about one inch above the bottom of the carafe allowing access to the glass vacuum bottle and rubber gasket for cleaning.  I suspect water gets inside from leaving the carafe immersed in the dish water when cleaning. but I suppose coffee may get in there too if the rubber gasket isn't properly seated or is starting to deteriorate.

If you still have your Christa #430 and still haven't managed to get it apart, get your haz-mat suit on and have a go at it.  I wonder what's growing inside!