Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Dontellmeicant

Front load washer Overflow mechanism?

5 posts in this topic

Frigidaire Front Loader.

Ok, I have:

Replaced the door latch (worked for a few loads)

Cleaned the pump, hoses in, hoses out, all clear.

Replaced the time and motherboard.

Washer fills with water and will not drain.

Any suggestions? I'm at the end of guesses.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

does the Pump run ?

Are the hoses clear ?

Has this Washer worked OK for you up till now at this location ?

What do you Guess the model # is? and donttellmeyoucant find it. :teehee:

Yes, the pump works, hoses are clear and the washer has been working. Took another look last night and believe that the problem is the main drain. I live in an old house and the washer's drain hose is rigged directly into the main (nothing like the new plumbing). All hoses are clear until I get to an old junction and I think it is clogged there. Will do more investigation and check back.

Thanks for the help.

So, apparentlly, when the washer began working again, it pumped out a ton of crap into the drain-out hose that then traveled to a very strange junction in the pipe leading to the main drain. And, if the water has nowhere to go, the pump does not pump. SOOO, long story short, put the washer hose into the sump pump housing, everything working like a charm. Now, to figure out the re-plumb on the out-hose. Thanks for responding!