Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Dacor Range Service Manual?

asteysn2

Hello all!

Does anybody have a service manual for a Dacor Range model: ERD36SCH?

I need to changeout an unresponsive touchpad and cannot figure how to get the front panel off for access.

The oven lights are not working. Every touchpad produces a beep when depressed except for the oven lights pad. (12vac)

I'd appreciate any help. This blogsite is the most useful I've ever seen in my 10 years in the business.

Thanks!

Bob at Coastal Appliances

coastalserve@gmail.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• asteysn2

• RegUS_PatOff

• myrepairman

Master Sensei:

Thank you for your reply, however I have not received anything (in my email box?) so perhaps whatever you had to provide did not get through. Again my email is coastalserve@gmail.com.

This Dacor front panel thing has been a connundrum long enough. Ive never known the secret to getting these bull-nose front panels off, and with all the units out there- I ought to. Looking behind, It looks extreemely difficult to accomplish and I just cant believe they designed the panel to be so hard to remove. There must be a trick to it.

Anyway, my customer needs the oven light control is faulty, and I believe it to be in the touch pad. I said that if I cannot get knowledge on how to get behind that panel I would refer her to Dacor F/S, and I dont want to do that, 1st it will diminish her awe in my skills and 2nd I'd lose a job.

So please help if you can, or perhaps others have this wisdom...

So sorry.

I see that PM is a message in my inbox HERE. I did open the files and sadly, non seem to address accessing the components behind the front panel. The Illustrated parts breakdon offered a glint of info but still nothing I can ride on. But it does show the panel away from the body so it must come loose somehow...

• 10 years later...

Hello "steysn2", greetings where ever you are,

I know this post is over 10 years old, but these things are still out here. What was the outcome of your adventure? I happened across one and am getting ready to pull the relay panel out. I have a rebuild kit for it. Anyway, please share any info if you're still ...

Thanks!