Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimnmco

Calypso GVW 9959KQ1

3 posts in this topic

I have read your forum for quite a while, have used it often and ordered many parts. It is great. I can not find other posts on this problem. My Calypso washer shakes a lot during the small spin cycles in the middle of the wash. The final spin cycle os ok, not much shaking at all, But during the wash there are these small spins that only last for a few rotations that sound like it is going to come through that wall. I read what else was written here and saw that either the balanace ring or the basket drive block are recommended for spinnig problems but is that for the final long spin? I saw that this washer has something like shock absorbers on the bottom of the tub, are they for these shorter spins? Thank you for you help in the past and I look forward to your response. Thanks again.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The shock absorbers and tub support struts function the same during all part of the cycle, whether washing or spinning.

There isn't a separate basket drive block on a Calypso. The basket hub is integral to the basket as a whole and can't be replaced/changed separately. The hub can corrode and break loose, in which case the basket must be replaced ... and likely in that scenario the u-joint would also be bad.

Unusual that the balance ring would be a fault, unless it comes loose from the basket or the ballast fluid leaks out ... but the ring isn't under any stress during operation so that's not likely.

The sockets in which the tub support struts oscillate at the top four corners of the cabinet occasionally need cleaning/re-greasing.

Is the wash plate leveling during spin?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0