Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sjk2010

Kenmore Coldspot Model 106-55244400 Ice Maker not working

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

New here, so I apologize if this has been covered previously..

The ice maker on the Kenmore side by side has stopped working. I emptied the whole freezer and all remaining ice from the bucket. I set the metal on/off bar to the 45 degree position and it started making ice, (i.e. the water filled the tray), but now it will not release the ice and I noticed that I can no longer set the metal bar to the 45 degree position. It will either stay in the "off" horizontal position or hang down and rest on the side of the maker. It was working fine since we purchased the house in 2006, but noticed the ice no longer refilling about 4 days ago. I lowered the inside temp to make sure the fill was not clogged with ice, but I did manage to get it to fill earlier today.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Take a 4 inch piece of 14 gauge insulated wire and strip 1 inch of insulation off each end.

Bend the wire into a U shape.

Place the 2 stripped ends into the terminals at the 4 and 5 o'clock positiions at T and H.

If the motor starts turning,remove the jumper wire.

If it does not start turning,replace the ice maker.

1192074742_HwtGX-L.png

Thank you both... I will attempt this in the morning as I have already had a few of Jumptrout's favorite brew tonight and am watching the Celtics / Hawks game. What a great forum... Thank you again!