Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Golferdude

Whirlpool WTW7340 - HC code

3 posts in this topic

I have had this washer for about a year and a half. All of the sudden it is giving me a "HC" code after each wash. I know it means the cold and hot water lines are reversed. But I haven't switched anything and the lines are hooked up correct. I assume there is a sensor somewhere? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Tech Sheet - W10310047.pdf

link PM'd

Thermistor built into the Water Valve Assembly

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/1862767

Thanks...sorry I didn't reply sooner...my computer crashed and finally got it all back up and running... Unbelieveable on all of the electronics on the valve...hopefully it won't go out as fast the second time... Will read over the info you sent me and see if I can test it...