Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Morgan-4

LG Microwave #LMVM1945SW, Error Code F-9

5 posts in this topic

I ran this LG microwave, model LMVM1945SW, at a home inspection yesterday. It's an over-the-range model where the tray moves left & right rather than rotates. It appeared to start & run normally but, after about 10 seconds, it shuts down and displays F-9 in the LED screen. Repeated twice.

1. What does this code indicate? Is there a fault or error code list available?

I did not find any reference here yet. A quick web search reveals many folks with the same question. Multiple answers say: magnetron, inverter, PC board, or sensor.

2. All these different answers make me wonder if the code is even reliable or whether replies were just guesses.

Thanks in advance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

LG Microwave LMVM1945 Service Manual

http://appliantology.org/files/file/248-lg-microwave-lmvm1945-service-manual/

Check the connection between magnetron, door & control PCB and inverter module.

Defective Relay 2. on Controller

Replace control PCB assembly.

Defective inverter module.

Replace inverter module.

Defective Magnetron.

Replace Magnetron.

Unsafe AC input voltage.

Suggest customer contact local electric power utility co. or qualified electrician

Thanks Reg! You've helped me in the past too & I always appreciate the quick replies. I did verify proper voltage at the receptacle. But, I won't be working on this one since it is for a home inspection client and I'll recommend a local tech if she buys the home. Just wanted to give her & the owner some idea, if possible, how involved/costly the repair might be, based on the error code.

I'd like to review the manual though.

The Samurai has temporarily lost my lifetime permapprenticeship but promised to restore it after I re-registered today. Would it be possible to add that manual to his LG manual stash in the meantime? I still have a link to that site but can't open your link above until I get upgraded :-(

I can't add stuff to his stash :confused:

Thanks anyway...I'll come back when I get notification of reinstatement. Not sure how I'll know, but I hope he'll send me an email soon.