Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RedToryTy

KM(WP) fridge 106.56536401 not producing ice

10 posts in this topic

To the Dojo,

This refrigerator's been giving me fits. Customer called complaining of no ice. Swapped out the water valve (fill tube full of ice) and icemaker (standard modular head model); after inserting the jumper wire and closing the laser eye and light/fan switch circuits...nothing. Pulled the icemaker and, using the wiring diagram, measured the voltage across line and neutral for the icemaker circuit: 103, 120, 260, 341, then my meter beeped out. I double-checked myself, and I got the same results. Based on the wiring diagram, the source of this erratic and dirty voltage is the master control board (WP P#8201661); shouldn't both the valve (http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10408179/1938614?modelNumber=106.56536401) and icemaker (http://www.repaircli...er=106.56536401) be replaced since both have been exposed to this dirty voltage? Critical comments, snide remarks, cruel "help"?

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus (RedToryTy)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

All voltages should be made with the devices connected, unless otherwise directed

Can't be more than 120v AC...

You may need to also use an analog meter ...

Is the IceMaker LED flashing ?

I know I'm only supposed to have 120V, but after double-checking myself I got the same results. You mean the electronic eye LED on the right receiver, the one with the on/off switch?

Had a no ice today. Found only 53 v to IM. Jumpered out the LED circuit board and got 120 v. to IM. Replaced the board and got immediate ice harvest.

ReelyNyce,

How do I jump the LED board?

Pull the 3 screws out of the LED board. Disconnect the board from the wire harness. Take a small wire and insert it into the wire harness 4th & 5th holes from the bottom of the harness. (I believe it's a black wire & black with white tracer). Now you should have 120v going to the ice maker.

Problem solved: defective icemaker heating element; swapped out, and ICE!!! This is the second icemaker-in-the-door to have a bad heating element.

I ordered a new ice maker for my kenmore fridge (thru the Samurai web site), wife complained that she misses having ice from the fridge door.

I was not able to download the job aid, something about not enough posts since my last download.  Can this be rectified?  I wanted to determine what caused the original ice maker to fail.

... I was not able to download the job aid, something about not enough posts since my last download.

you'd have to email the Samurai ..

there are also some maximum per day downloads ..