Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
georgemartin601

Maytag Dishwasher MDBH955AWW Won't Clean Dishes

5 posts in this topic

I have a four year old Maytag Dishwasher M/N MDBH955AWW that will no longer clean dishes. Symptoms: white residue, lots of food debris left on dishes. I've replaced the turbidity sensor on this unit about a year ago and tried cleaning solutions. That seemed to be an acceptable temp fix. But now there's just too much food debris left on the dishes. We're fairly vigilant about rinsing the dishes prior to loading, especially in light of this problem. We have hard water. The spray arms seem to get clogged with build up fairly often. Cleaning them still does not help. I've not taken the bottom of the unit apart to see what's going on there . . . maybe too much build up or a clog somewhere? Not sure I'd know how to do that. Any diagrams or help there would be appreciated. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The plastic shaft extension for the cutter is probably stripped out as explained in this post ==> http://fixitnow.com/wp/2006/06/09/maytag-dishwasher-mdbh970-fills-but-doesnt-clean-the-dishwashes/

You'll need this kit to repair it ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Seal-Kit/6919539/1469683

Thanks. I'll try that and report back.

ive run into this problem many times with people with hard water usally have to take it all apart then clean out all the calcium build up then run a bottle or 2 of DISHWASHER MAGIC then it will run fine my suggestion do this and run a bottle of DISHWASHER MAGIC once every 2 weeks can get them at walmart for about 3.50 a bottle good luck

I purchased the kit referenced above. took everything apart and cleaned the soap and hard water (we have hard water) buildup off of everything. It was substantial. Nothing appeared to be stripped, but I proceeded with the replacement regardless. I did indeed run a bottle of dishwasher magic after the replacement. We use them occasionally, not enough however. The dishes did seem much cleaner afterwards. I wouldn't say it cleans like it did when it was new. Might be worth noting that there seemed to be a little dirty water left in the bottom of the unit after it was run prior to replacing the motor shaft seal and chopper. after the replacement and cleaning there does not seem to be any water in the bottom. I'm guessing all the buildup was blocking proper drainage? Thanks for the help