Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TerpFPE

How to replace water inlet on KitchenAid Fridge Icemaker

3 posts in this topic

I have a KitchenAid Model KTRC19MKBL00 Fridge. I had ice build up that cause splashing of the water and ice build up on the freezer wall behind, and next to, the icemaker. Looking at the forums it seemed simple to replace the fill tube except, unlike all the others i have seen, mine has no external screws and none visible on the inside.

Attached is a picture of the back of the fridge and you well see the only screw is the water hose clamp. How does this tube come out and how to I make sure I order the correct replacement?

Thanks

Hesitant

post-22247-0-30560800-1345686803_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That's a really, really bad picture but I think I see a screw that you remove to loosen the clamp and then pull the tubing out.

Post a better photo that's IN FOCUS and another that's in context with the rest of the fridge and I can give you more clues.

Please accept humble apologies for my lack of focus.