Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pzion

Frigidaire FWT645RHSO

12 posts in this topic

The "door locked" light comes on but then nothing - no sounds of anything. Previously it seemed like the door wasn't all the way closed and closing it harder would cause it to turn on. But now that doesn't help.

Also - is there a user manual anywhere?

Thanks.

Edited by pzion

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There's a tech sheet behind the bottom front panel; remove the screws at the very bottom of the panel to remove the panel. Tilting the washer back and propping on a 2x4 facilitates this.

Get the tech sheet and use it to put the unit into service mode to retrieve the stored error code. Sounds like a possible variant of a failed door latch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=FWT645RHS0

Door-Lock-131763202-01235823.jpg

Thanks for that. We got to the tech sheet but didn't see anything about how to get the machine into service mode.

Just checked-- your model uses a mechanical timer and so won't have a diagnostic mode. There is, however, a troubleshooting procedure on the tech sheet. There should be a procedure there for diagnosing the door latch assembly.

I would start by getting the new door latch from repairclinic and installing it. It may seem like it's just a blind stab and just throwing parts at it, but after repairing 100's of these I know this to be the best way to go. It's not easy to test the lock, and some times the the tests make you think it's ok when it's not. That latch is far and away the most common issue with your type washer. If you get the part from repairclinic, you can return it if you don't need it.

Nick

We got the switch. It seems that someone previously didn't have (or maybe damaged) the wire clamp and spring that holds in the boot seal. Anyway - they glued the boot seal on. I assume there's no way that this would be how it was from the factory?

Wrong, these older Frigidaire front load washers had the boot seal glued on the front panel of the washer FROM THE FACTORY. Frigidaire is the cheapest company out there and always looking to save money on manufacturing costs.

I never remove the boot seal to remove and install the door locks on these, I just unscrew the door lock from the front panel, remove the top panel, pull the door lock up by the wires, remove one wire at a time and install one wire at a time on the new door lock, and remount the new door lock, screw it in and replace my top panel and I'm done.

Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging it? And how to reinstall?

Thanks.

Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging it? And how to reinstall?

Thanks.

Read above^^^

And if you really need to remove it, (to remove the complete wash tub assembly), carefully cut all the glued places with an exacto/razor knife as flush to the front panel as possible.

To reinstall use small dabs of supper glue at even points around the boot as you will see it was when you cut it loose.

Thanks for the help. My friend installed the new switch. He did it from the bottom of the machine, which was open. It fixed it.