Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benzonaruckus

GS6NVEXSL01 Ice Maker Auger problems

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a whirlpool gold SxS ice maker with the bin in the door and the auger motor does not turn on. The shaft is fairly well rusted and wouldn't come out and was seized up(would not turn in either direction. CCW or CW) I did check for power to the motor but I wasn't getting 110 VAC but it seemed every time I pressed the button for the ice the ice flapper would come on and open, but the motor would not turn nor hum. My meter was registering a small amount in voltage change after I would call for ice, I just did not get very accurate readings.

I had the refrigerator on, door closed, and was testing the connection to the auger motor with the connection to the auger motor unplugged. Any ideas? By the amount of corrosion on the motor and the shaft not coming out I'm guessing maybe a replacement for the motor?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... I wasn't getting 110 VAC

Auger Motor is 120v DC

120VAC wasnt getting there either :confused:

120VAC wasnt getting there either :confused:

Auger Motor is 120v DC

Yeah, But isn't it 120VDC rectified inside of the motor?

IDI Motor

Pins 1 & 2 = 10 to 15 Ω (thermal switch)

Pins 4 & 5 = 220 to 270 Ω (Motor)

Pins 4 & 5

120v DC (square wave)

polarity determines direction

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0