Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dahbrown

Simpson eziset 550 (36S550L) 5.5Kg not draining

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My Simpson eziset 550 (36S550L) 5.5Kg washing machine is not draining after wash cycle.

A few minutes after the wash cycle there is silence followed by lots of beeps then the warm light is lit on the was cycle.

I have removed the drain pump and checked for obstructions in the pipes and the pump, and all was clear. I was able to manually turn the fins on the pump.

I checked the tags on the pump with an ohm meter and it is showing as a dead short

When I put the volt meter across the wires and put the machine into drain/spin cycle there appeared to be no votage (240v) on the connectors.

Prior to the fault my wife said that there was a pastic type smell in the laundry, and it has not worked since then.

Just wondering if it is the control unit or the pump itself, and if it is worth fixing.

Many thanks

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've never seen or heard of this brand of washing machine before.

Can you post a picture of the whole machine and tell us what country you live in?

The Electrolux name may be on it, but it really looks like a Fisher & Paykel washer.