Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Rag Man

Kenmore Front Load Washer Model#110.47789701

6 posts in this topic

Hello my fellow appliance repair friends...Received a distress call saying beast was dispensing all its liquids, soap, fabris softener, ect. into the drum before it even starts.....that can't be right.....I've never worked on a dispenser like this before, just wondering if this is a common problem and what to possibly look for? Could it be the switch-dis W10283468? Thanks for your time!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes, I've had this happen before, if it happens repeatedly if will trigger a fault code and machine will shut down. Replace the part you mentioned above.

Put a new actuator in it, ran a normal cycle to see where water was being dispensed, looks like it was being dispensed on the soap side. Then I cancelled it, started a rince cycle. With that cycle it looked like it was being filled and flushing the softener side of the dispenser. I was watching all this with the lid off, and the actuator was doing its thing. Seemed ok to me. Customer called back this morning saying its dispensing all liquids at the start. Am I missing something here, is this the normal dispensing process? Thanks

No fault codes

The detergent, if liquid will drip into the tub as soon as you put it in, but i have seen times when people overfill the bleach and softener and then when they push the drawer in and the liquids slosh and start the siphon

customer is overfillin and slamming drawer

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0