Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

frigidaire stacked dryer FEQ332ES0

5 posts in this topic

My dentist calls me for is little stackable dryer that only hums when start switch is activated. Of course I get it to run by spinning drum. Several times it starts & you can here relay kick in. Can't figure how to get it unstacked so I pull up a chair & dismantle the top & front panel to access it. Lint caked in the blower fan & housing but not much lint on motor or cabinet. Vacuum unit plenty good. Exhaust vent tube does not have much lint either. Goes out back wall but I don't check the outlet, as an after thought I think I should have.

Put unit back together & it works fine. I inform customer that the motor will probably stall when it tries to run with a load of wet towels. Expect to pay for a new motor. Any thing else I could rule on. Dryer tumbles & heats fine with no load. Should I order new motor on Monday? Can't read the wiring diagram to save my life. Would like to check the motor resistance.

If I install a new motor, I really would like to have that thing on the floor. Any suggestions how to uncouple it from the washer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Recon I should have that when I was there. I turned the drum it rolled a little. Did not have a load of wet wash to test the dryer with. That is what I was thinking. Did not give it a thought to take the belt off.

Dryer Motor ...

Remove Belt

Try turning the Motor Shaft by hand.

Does it turn easily, smoothly.

Can you give the Motor Shaft a spin and it will continue, somewhat ?

Quess I will find out when they do the wash. Will keep you updated. Thank you mucho gracious.

Leave the dryer on top of the washer, it is a bit easier to work on than on your knees, bent over.........If you got down to the motor last time, when it comes to replace the motor, try this to help remove the blower from the motor shaft.....DSCF1686.jpg.......Use a medium size pipe wrench on the pulley end and use a pair of slip-joint pliers inserted into the blades and a screwdriver as a handle for turning/rotating...................The pliers I have are Craftsman w/rubber coated handles.......There is an ARROW on the blower itself, so you will be turning the blower clockwise...... Have not broke off a blade yet................ This is the system I use on W/P's also...

Dentist crew happy, dryer running as if it never hiccuped. collected service fee. Will come back & post if any thing new develops. Mucho Gracias. Hi Domo. patricio