Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jnooley

Jenn-Air W181 Electric Wall Oven won't heat

6 posts in this topic

I purchased a used Jenn-Air w181 wall oven the other day from a guy that said it worked "like a charm" when he removed it from a house a few years ago. I brought it home and connected it. The time clock and oven light work fine but when I try to do Bake Conv. or Bake Rad. by setting the temperature and pressing Start, I just get a "beep" and it does nothing. I have tried setting at different temperatures but nothing works. I'm guessing that maybe this thing was sitting too long and something in the electronics has faulted.I was going to buy a new wall oven for $800+ but saw this one in the paper for $80 and thought it was worth a shot. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. -Jim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Electric? You might no have it hooked up correctly.

Red . . . . White . . . . Black

L1 . . . . . . . N . . . . . . . . L2

|<-- 120v -->|<-- 120v -->|

|<---------- 240v ---------->|

Thanks guys. I guess that is possible. I had a working wall oven that I pulled out with Red, White, Black and Ground wires. I cut the wires from the old oven and then reconnected them with wire nuts to the same wires on the new stove Red, White, Black and I took both ground wires and connected them to ground on the junction box. So, I'll admit I'm not an experienced electrician but I figured as long as I went Red-to-Red, White-to-White, Black-to-Black and made sure the ground wires were tied to ground I would be all set. Let me know if this sounds reasonable or if I am missing something obvious. Thanks. -Jim

sounds OK,

but would be good to check the volatges

OK, thanks. I'll check voltages and report back. ty! -Jim