Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Adam Stone

Asko 7003 Dryer - My Personal Nightmare - Getting Worse - Any thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

I moved this to a new thread b/c it is no longer a belt replacement issue:

Was here:

Essentially, after replacing the belt, and both wheels I had a working dryer yesterday (tumbles, heats, blows, etc).

I noted, however, that the timer/program didn't seem to be running as it dried. I noted to wife not to leave it on until I had time to troubleshoot.

Wife left it on all night - still running when I got up this morning, but no longer any heat. No matter what program I choose - no heat.

So any thoughts on:

1. What I broke that would cause the dry program not to run correctly (not to ever turn off) (I'm guessing thermistor?)

2. What I broke by leaving it on all night that is causing no more heat to come out (heating element?)

I sort of can't bear the thought of taking this thing apart again, but I'm trying to get up the energy to do so.

Well past $250 in parts at this point. Yuck.

Many many thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you re-set your House Circuit Breakers

and measured for 120v and 240v at the Dryer Cord Terminal Strip ?

OR, may have jarred / broken the Heater Element

Do you not have space for a full size washer and dryer?

Have you checked the back? Some Asko models have a resettable high limit cutout in the back.

Thanks for the replies - I think the critical thing is that it was heating before it ran all night. So I did check the breaker etc, but it's fine and I don't think I damaged the heating element physically during the repair since it was working for awhile.

The high limit cutout will prevent the machine from starting - so it's not the problem.

Any thoughts about what would have caused the dryer to run continuously in the program without ever shutting down?

And yes, I don't have room for a full size...