Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cityboysrus

Outer Tub Flood Hose Dumps water part# WH41X0369

4 posts in this topic

Complaint was washer leaking. After initial test of running a little water and spinning/draining it out. I

filled washer to small water level. Once it started agitating I turned off the washer, and reset water

level switch to large it didn't respond. Ok bad switch right. I removed pressure hose from tub quickly

and blew in it. Washer then responded by filling to large level. Once agitation began water started

dumping out of the bottom of the Flood Hose attached to the outer tub. I know the switch needs to be

replaced, but I've never seen this. What would make the flood hose dump water when it's not

overfilling? Or did it overfill the Large Load water level, and during the cycle it realized and started

dumping water? Just curious?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You pressure switch is most likely OK. Your most likely cause of the water coming out the overflow tube is a bad brake on the transmission that would require a new transmission to fix.

Can you spin the spin basket by hand when off with the lid up? If yes then you have a bad brake and when it agitates the basket starts spinning causing the water to whirlpool up over the top of the tub or actually out the overflow tube before it can go over the top..

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

Interesting I'll go back later on today to see. :wallbash:

Water Level Sw. was the issue. The switch was failing on the small load setting over filling. So when you reset the switch to large, or super it sent the Water to High. I will keep your suggestion in mind for the future. It helped that the customer admitted to switching the water level without turning off the appliance as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0