Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
momfxit

Asko 1385 Dishwasher doesn't fill

5 posts in this topic

My asko will run through the cycles, but will not fill with water. I checked the water inlet valve and it tested at 240.

I'm open to suggestions...I'm not a bright service tech, the husband wants the washer working so any help is greatly appreciated.

Mom

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If you're getting 240vac the valve (assume you are in Australia or Europe), and the valve isn't opening, then it's a bad valve by definition

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/8801351/1467828?modelNumber=1385

Water-Inlet-Valve-8801351-00559610.jpg

OTOH, if you're located in Ameedika or Oh, Canada and you have 240vac at the valve, then we need to talk 'cuz you should only have 120vac.

Or, are you saying the valve tested at 240 ohms? Without any units with the numbers, I can only guess about what you're talking about. If you did an ohms test o the valve, then you need to check the voltage to it. Something can check good ohms and still be bad. But if it's bad under load (voltage), then it's really bad.

It test 120 ohms on the meter is USA. It could be a bad valve.

Set your meter to volts and see if the valve is getting 120vac when it should be letting water into the dishwasher. If you're getting 120vac and no water, then replace the valve.

okay, how would i do that?