Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suampman

samsung refrigerator

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow appliance repair men. I have run into a puzzling problem. I've checked the diagnostics on this samsung refrigerator and it puts out a u-art telecom error. The refrigerator and the freezer are in the freezing range. -8 degrees in the freezer and 22 degrees in the refrigerator. Any body have any ideas? The manual says there should be a sensor error displayed with u-art telecom error, but that is not the case. Any help would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello,

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anyone home?

Nobody is responding to your post because you forgot to post the model number!

... you forgot to post the model number!

actually it's in the Topic Tag

(right under the Topic Tile)

but hard to see because Topic Tag is always light-gray

although poster already has the service manual ...

I would manually tests the fridge sensors. ie if unsure about calculator, use pencil and paper. This is a prime reason for learning how to test manually despite these supposed self testing boards.

Now I am not totally against self-diagnosing boards, mind you. I Went out to repair a kitchenade wall oven today.....hit a few buttons and not only did it give me the error codes but the board translated the codes and said "replace user interface". I put away my tool bag, showed customer the statement, and ordered an interface.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Sorry fellas, I do'nt see to many samsungs and I did check the thermisters at the board and they did correspond closely to the fridge and freezer temps.. The refrigerators temps. are either way to cold or way to warm and the owners have been hesitant to repair, until they went to look at new refrigerators. I just thought maybe someone had seen the same problem before. Thanks for any information and thanks Reg for the manual. I did find that the UART (universal asynchronous reciever transmitter) is part of the main circuit board from the block diagram. The board is ordered. Thanks again.

Wanted to follow up on this. When I went back, while putting the control board in I noticed the ground wire coming from the control board was broken off at the connector. I replaced the board and repaired the ground. Refrigerator 38 degrees and freezer -2 degrees and holding for about 2 weeks. Thanks to all who gave suggestions, and for the service manual.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0