Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
allowingtoo

GE PSS26SGPA Solenoid - Again!

5 posts in this topic

Remember this old topic? I had to hunt it down because I'm having to replace the Solenoid - Again!

http://appliantology.org/topic/22467-ge-profile-pss265gpa/

Oh GE How we love YE

Only this time, it's my fault. DH said - it's kind of Moldy up there. So I had the steam cleaner out and I used it. Too well I guess. That day or the day after that, the flapper quit working.

Well, at least I know what to do this time in advance. Won't do THAT again with the steamer!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could have done two things by using the steamer. You either ruined the solenoid or you shorted out the dispenser control board.

Well, I'm truly hoping it's the solenoid! We'll see I get it apart again. All I did was shoot a little steam up around the flapper. Since then it won't stayed closed on its own. {Crossing fingers}

Never thought about it being the board. Now if I can just get it apart again without breaking it!

sigh. it wasn't the solenoid. the flapper door is still sticking. the solenoid was all rusty though.

Edited by allowingtoo

I've seen this before on an LG model. The bracket or brackets that hold the flapper assy to the door are too tight not allowing smooth movement. Back the screws off slightly. Might want to add some lube.