Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Oven only works in convection mode:

DeathStalker

Hey Folks,

I just fixed one problem on a GE Profile wall oven/microwave combo and was told about another one. The girls were using the microwave when suddenly everything quits. They smelled a burning smell. They said they checked to see if the breaker popped so I did as well. I also checked the breaker itself to make sure it was working. It had power. Asked a Guru I know here and he told me the wirenut melted in the junction box behind the unit. Which of course was the probelm. (I tried to get him to come here buthad limited success, he would be a great addition to the Sensei corps were he to join. He's been doing this 30+ years.)

So anyway once I got the power back on the girls tell me the oven won't heat up in regular mode, only in convection mode. Is there something generic I can check or do I need to get you a model number? I can't believe I left there yesterday without getting the model number and of course it's the weekend so the girls are all off doing whatever college girls do on weekends lol so I can't get back in there until tomorrow or Monday.

I searched the FAQ's and threads for something similar but didnt' come up with anything. I DID see that perhaps this is on of the models under recall though. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is the rental house I look after and the owners will move back into it when they get back from Singapore. They don't want to replace the unit until then if possible, which will be in a couple of years.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeathStalker

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Sorry for abandoning this, I thought I replied back. My bad. The home owner decided that as long as it worked on convection mode and the girls were ahppy to leave it alone.