Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
GreenestOne

Whirlpool Cabrio Washer: WTW6600SW2

11 posts in this topic

Customer complained of high speed spin sounding like an airplane taking off in their house.

Machine would also stop before drain cycle would start. There was an F51 error code.

I entered the diagnostic mode and ran both automatic and manual tests and everything seemed to be working.

i read on a forum that the RPS connection may have a coating on it from the factory which has been known

to eventually produce a faulty connection at the harness. I removed the harness and scraped the terminals

and carefully cleaned them with a solvent. I reassembled the parts and plugged the washer back in.

When starting a new cycle on "normal" the sequencing of agitation and incoming water seemed to be out of sync.

Only a small amount of water would come in then agitation would start, small amount of water, then agitation, etc.

I checked the pressure sensing tube which appeared to be clear and no kinks or cuts. I deduced that a new control board

was needed. I had one for this model, replaced it and the washer seemed to be working normally. I put it through a short

cycle, water inlet flow was now normal, agitation, spinning, draining, etc.

The next day the owner called me saying that the machine was spinning "dangerously fast" and very loud.

I didn't ask her if the F51 code was showing up again. Again, when I ran the diagnostic for the RPS, the LED display

showed that it was working correctly. I have read about many compliants about this model with people saying that they

had replaced both the motor control and the RPS and were still having problems.

What is the next step?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the load noise might be the tub bearing has gone out so it has been leaking it might be spinning normal but with the bearing being load it might sound thats its spining out of control check underneath and see if it looks like its been leaking

There were no leaks at all. Even when I pulled the circular magnet ring off the bottom to check the connections on the RPS there was no moisture.

Look at the very bottom center of the rotor at the allen head bolt. It has a tendency to back out causing weird noises and throwing F51 error code. Add a dab of locktite and cinch it down goodntight with that nifty disposal unjamming wrench that you were wondering what to do with.

I pitch in with my normal cabrio advice. Pull the basket and inspect the main shaft. If it is rusted or covered with gookus. If so, the basket will not rise and fall properly with the wash and spinning. If it does not drop fully down in spin, it will be real loud with excessive vibration, and give F51 codes.. Clean the shaft and the inside of the basket bearing, put a thin coat of grease on them, and put it back together. Test it out and see if it works properly.

And, Obama sucks.

Edited by nickfixit

<<<And, Obama sucks.>>>

I second that :)

I could not even pull the tub completely off due to rust. I sprayed some break free solvent waited , no go. ( I actually pulled the whole machine off the floor trying

to release the inner basket.) I told the owner the shaft and inner bearing which comes pressed into the tub would have to be replaced. They are opting for a new machine.

BTW, the allen head bolt was tight when I checked it. I could have laid the machine on it's side and used a 2x4 and hammer on the shaft, but in this case i decided not to.

You should also tell them that they caused this problem by not using HE detergent in this machine. It's failure prone anyway but especially if it's run with non-HE detergent. The same fate most likely awaits the whatever replacement they get.

ALL politicians suck, they all are liars, enough said.