Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

insinkerator instant hot water dispenser leaking #SST-FLTR

barley

howdy, our insinkerator instant hot water dispenser is leaking. Is it generally worth trying to repair something like this or should I just replace it? I don't have the user manual for it so wouldn't know where to start. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

If it is leaking for the bottom with no visible location and not it's the tubing and it is a older model ...Replace it.........................The older tanks were made of a plastic type materiel, about a 1/3 gallon cap. The new tanks are made of Stainless steel... with a 1/2 gallon cap...........................When I go to a service call for a leaking Insta-hot, 98% it is the tank................. Replacements go for about $300 clams, most people say forget it , I will just heat in the micro-wave..............So, for the hole in the sink/counter, I suggest to install an under-counter soap dispenser...They fit the same size hole, about 1 1/2 in. dia....

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

I just fixed mine. There's a video showing repair of a cracked tube that encouraged me to try, but the actual problem was a leak between the tank and a pipe riser from it. The O-ring cost something like 60¢. Following the video made it easy to open, diagnose, fix & close up; you might spend less than an hour. I had to take a trip to the hardware store for the bad O-ring & had already spent $6 on a short selection of *silicone* tubing as advised by the video.

The styrofoam insulation was soaked. DO NOT try to dry it on a low setting in the oven, as I did! It warped badly, making re-assembly a chore.

Not a bad task for a home handyman. Insinkerator doesn't seem to sell any repair parts, so either you give it a try or spend $300 or up to replace it.

Best way I have found to dry saturated styrofoam is to leave it out in the sunlight... I tried spinning it in the washing machine, but it wasn't any faster!