LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Lg washer m#wm0642hw/01

pumps

Looking for a service manual and tech sheet on this. I was there and fixed her Whirlpool washer and she has this LG sitting in the garage she said she'd like to fix too. It lights up when you plug it in but I didn't have water access at the time. Opened it up looking for the tech sheet to get into diagnostics but not to be found. It has been unhooked for a while and she couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but she thinks it wouldn't spin. I think I could hook it up to the garden hose and an extension cord in the driveway if I have to to test but not without more info. Thanks in advance.

SERIAL NUMBER helps quite a bit.

Two common faults occurred on the WM0642 models (again Serial Number narrows-down build date) and they were...

1) Failed HALL EFFECT SENSOR

2) ROTOR splines stripped (no threadlocker on 17mm bolt--a factory goof-up)

Requires new ROTOR and threadlocker added to 17mm bolt.

• Like 1

June 2008.

Hall Effect Sensor should be fine (already improved).

Check the ROTOR at the rear of the washer (remove access panel).

If the 17mm bolt that secures the ROTOR can removed by hand---without a socket---that's an instant indication the ROTOR is likely stripped.

Remove the ROTOR and examine the splines...

Edited by john63
  • Like 1

8-------------> Year of manufacture

06-----------> Month of manufacture

K------------> Country of Origin (S. Korea)

WUC-------> Factory ID

1150-------> One thousand one hundred fiftieth WM0642 washer built during month of June 2008 at plant/factory "WUC"

Edited by john63