Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bayouboy

LG smart laundry app

5 posts in this topic

A service tec. showed me this app the other day, just thought I would share. Its a free app and it allows the user to monitor and control your washer and dryer anytime or anywhere. Also a handy setting that allows you to troubleshoot you appliance with the smart diagnosis setting. (only for LG appliances that are "smart" ) the appliance will send out a tone that is recorded by your phone and will help you troubleshoot the problem. Why cant we just build the dependable care maytags again and throw away all this electronic crap!!! http://utility.appdownloadreview.com/online/lg-smart-laundry-dw

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<Why cant we just build the dependable care maytags again and throw away all this electronic crap!!!>>>

Well...

It all started in '73 ("gas crisis")

Then in '77---Jimmy Carter gave us a new federal agency---the Department of Energy---the best thing since Moses freed God's children from bondage.

1980---Jimmy's gift-to-humanity becomes self-aware and assumes a bureaucratic role---dictating the new energy doctrine.

1981-to the present---Like the "Terminator"---the DOE mandates endlessly and will NOT stop until it is destroyed.

The problem is though---many people blame manufacturers---rather than that massive entity which spawned the DOE in the first place.

In my lifetime---we've "gone through" a period of tremendous concern about the earth becoming an ice-cube---to "global warming". A period of only 40 million years (oops, 40 years,sorry).

I never really liked the dependable care washer, I thought the belt drive Whirlpool cleaned the clothes better and was a solid machine.

The direct drive Whirlpool washer was also a solid machine and cleaned the clothes really well, the agitator just beat the hell out of the clothes.

I never really liked the dependable care washer, I thought the belt drive Whirlpool cleaned the clothes better and was a solid machine.

Right, the water injector on the Dependable Care Maytag's was a little overengineered, and you're right, agitation was rather weak on these machines.

BTW, the secret why the outer tub seals and basket drive bearings rarely went bad on the Whirlpool washers is because the gearcase did not spin in the spin cyle like the Frigidaire's the GE's and the Maytags did.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0