Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tmfixit2

Maytag MTF2656EEW refrigerator - no water to icemaker

6 posts in this topic

Hello, again.

Problem is with a Maytag MTF2656EEW, there is no water dispensed to the icemaker.  The water valve works out of the unit, but not when connected.  I've looked through the files and not found a repair manual.  If there is one available under this make/model or another similar unit can someone point me to it?  Or any other pointers, for that matter.

thanks in advance,

tm

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

thanks for the reply and link to the manual.

This is another one of those jobs where it got taken apart, no problems found, put it back together and it works.  The valve is OK, operates with power to it.  Power to the connector and no obvious abnormal icing.  It's working right now.  We'll see what happens.

tjm

on this ice maker , the fill valve part of the cycle is a weak spot

over and over again this comes up

a few years back i installed a brand new ice maker in a fridge and the owner said it was dropping shells , so i removed it and installed a new one

returned the troubled one to the shop and installed it in a fridge in the shop , where it pumped out great cubes for 3 months and then shells again . something to do with the tension on the little fingers on the wheel

I have tried to make adjustments to these fingers but there not as easy as you might think to get right

any more i just don't mess with it , if it's new it goes back . if it's old i sell a new one

and

I never sell an ice maker without selling a new primary water valve too ! NEVER !

Edited by Cactus Bob

Cactus, thanks for the additional info.

It'll get a new one next time.

tjm

Edited by tmfixit2