Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
richseattle56

PDS18SBMALBS need to replace Evaporator fan is access to evaporator from the fresh food bottom?

6 posts in this topic

Evaporator fan bad. From the parts breakdown it looks like the evaporator fan is accessed through the bottom of the fresh food section. Am I right? Thanks for any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

An older Bottom Mount ?     if so, yes - the panel below the crispers comes off to reveal the evaporator section

Thanks, KDog. You were right. I like this design, for my back, better than the evaporator on the back wall of the bottom mount freezer. But I did have a hard time getting the styrofoam out, that is right below the cover for the bottom of the fresh food section. It did not come out in one piece.

Replaced evap. fan all is well.

Thanks

All is not well. Customer called, bottom of FF section to cold. Freezing the crisper drawers. any ideas?

Sounds to me like the evap. fan may be running backwards or was installed backwards. Did you use the OEM part#? Is the air flowing out of the air tower in the FF section?

Did the piece of styro foam get replaced correctly, not blocking the return vents???.....just asking...... Or a piece of said foam break off and has stalled the evaporator fan blade ????.....That foam gets brittle as it ages.......