The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mpm8789

Ge Monogram Wall Oven

8 posts in this topic

Ge Electric wall oven model number zet1s0m1ss.

When I looked this up the model number didnt work but it worked without the zero.  Now for the issue, the customer is stating that the oven will work fine in normal bake but all of the other functions like convec bake, broil, and etc the oven will not work.  Sometimes it wont work at all and other times it will get up to temperature then shut off.  Just wondering if anyone has seen this before so I have an idea on what to look for.  Or maybe if someone had the manual that might help.

Thank you very much

Edited by mpm8789

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I would start at the  relay board ,  check for power to the board and out to the failing items.... Then maybe the temp encoder............ But the relay board  would be a good place to start...............Have you found the wire diagram???  ( the mini-manual , better than a service manual some times )......., it should be up in the console area...............It will have the lowdown on the troubleshooting chart..............

I replaced the relay board and I am still having the same problem the oven will get to temp or run for a little bit then just shut down.  The clock will still be on it will shut off like you just hit cancel.  You can turn it right back on but it will usually shut down in a couple minutes.  Any ideas because I am at a wall.

The controls on this unit are more complicated that most with several control boards.  You could quickly go bankrupt by just shotgunning the various circuit boards (doesn't inspire a lot of confidence with the customer, either).  And I don't think my esteemed colleague, CTG51, was suggesting that you simply off and change the relay board, but merely that it was a good place to start troubleshooting.  

Are BOTH ovens affected or just one?  If only one, which one?

It is just a single oven.  The oven sensor seemed to check ok as well I cant remember the exact resistance since I was out there a while ago.

Edited by mpm8789

Should be about 1080 at room temp, but it changes lower as the temp goes higher ( if i remember right). GE mini manual will have a way to check the boards and the touch pad.