Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
certified tech group 51

Miele dryer T-1515

3 posts in this topic

The only way to get to the thermal fuse and cycling t-stat , attached to the rear bulkhead,   is from the front and removing the drum......Tried to remove said drum  but it just laughed at me...........Using the only service manual  I had,  a  T 1400...............Will not come apart.........................Any way, I thought I would price the t-stats, did a parts search for this model, can only find  the 'Use and Care' guide ....................Check for spares in Europe  and it appears the parts are N.L.A....( looking for love in all the wrong places?? ).......... Some places list the model as " no model found" ...................Unit about 10 years old..........Electric........... Nice feature that the front panel swings open like a door and there are the electronics, but no t-stats.....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thermostats (safety) are mounted on the heaterbox - these rarely ever fail and if they are tripped, the dryer door solenoid is energized and kicks the door open to stop dryer.  Ususally this is caused by a buildup of lint in the system and small fibers coating the heater.

Temperature is controlled via thermisters in air ducts; it may be worth noting that the small electronic that is mounted on the door is a motor reversing board - approx every 5 min, the dryer will stop and reverse for 30 seconds and repeat. If this board fails, or wires come loose etc, the motor will not reverse and therefore just sit and heat for the 30 seconds it should be reversing, this will cause the safety's to trip due to lack of air movement.