Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MSimpsonNJ

Jenn Air Expressions Cook Top: Knobs for burners won't turn

6 posts in this topic

My sister in law has a Jenn Air Expressions cooktop, Model # CVGX2423Q.  She just called and told me that none of the burner knobs will turn.  I suspect that there must be some probelem with the ignition system and that there is a safety feature that prevents the gas from flowing (i.e., blocks the knobs from turning) when the igniters are non-functional.  She says the cooktop has power.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Has this Cooktop worked OK at this location until now ?

CVGX2423Q  c.1997

from the user manual:

Push down the control knob and tum immediately counterclockwise to the desired setting.

Has this Cooktop worked OK at this location until now ?

CVGX2423Q  c.1997

from the user manual:

Push down the control knob and tum immediately counterclockwise to the desired setting.

Yep - it has been working fine for years until now, though she said that she thought last week it seemed a little harder to turn the knobs.  Not sure if that is real or imagined.  Seems odd that suddently none of them can be turned....

This has to be a user error because the chances of all surface burner valves going bad at the exact same time are somewhere between zero and nada.

How old is your sister-in-law?  I have lots of elderly customers who one day suddenly forget how to use an appliance they've used for years.   I can personally attest that this same phenomenon afflicts middle-aged folks, too.

As Brother Reginald has pointed out:

...from the user manual:

This has to be a user error because the chances of all surface burner valves going bad at the exact same time are somewhere between zero and nada.

How old is your sister-in-law?  I have lots of elderly customers who one day suddenly forget how to use an appliance they've used for years.   I can personally attest that this same phenomenon afflicts middle-aged folks, too.

As Brother Reginald has pointed out:

Hmmm - very strange.  She is only 50 and doesn't usually begin drinking until after 5:00  ;)

I'll have to call her and interrogate her some more.  She's sharp and i doubt it is her - she has been using this cooktop everyday for a long time.  I completley agree that all of them going at one time would be virtually impossible - hence my suggestion that it might be a protective measure.  Since that isn't it, I may have to suggest she call a repairperson (horrors).

Thanks.

Something got spilled, or boiled over ..............