Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
certified tech group 51

J/A range Mod. JDS9860

8 posts in this topic

This unit has the standard gas valves on the right side..They have the full range from low to high....The left side has the grill option with the gas valves the only high to med  range.................I sold them the burner cartridge but with the orifices located at /near the valves VS. the right side , the orifices are at the burner head.........I was going to purchase the gas valves for the right side and install them on the left side ....The gas valves are not listed by location,  Just Item 7.........74006065    74006066    74006067    and   74006068..............Has any body tried this so there is  the complete  high to low  range on the left side ..............I suppose just buying all the valves at once would work, but  do you think the customer would think less of me????? :whistling:   ( damn parts changing monkey )    ...............P.S.  gotta get the rest of the model number out of him....

Edited by certified tech group 51

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

...............P.S.  gotta get the rest of the model number out of him....

different models use different Valves

JDS9860CDS02

JDS9860CDS01

JDS9860CDB01

JDS9860BDS22

JDS9860CDW00

JDS9860BCP

JDS9860AAP

JDS9860BDB

JDS9860AAP0

JDS9860BDB21

JDS9860AAW23

JDS9860BDS

JDS9860BDS0

JDS9860ACP20

JDS9860BDW21

JDS9860CDB00

JDS9860AAP23

JDS9860ACB22

JDS9860ACW21

JDS9860CDW01

JDS9860BCP11

JDS9860BDW0

JDS9860BDB0

JDS9860ACP

JDS9860AAB

JDS9860BDW

JDS9860CDS00

JDS9860AAB23

no way no how i re-enginner this for JA...they are fully aware of this issue and their response is "deal with it"

for me it stops right there...no way  no how

Edited by KurtiusInterupptus

I'm kinda dragging my feet on this one... ( Paperwork dated  about 2 months ago ) .............If you have worked on these units ( sounds like you are well acquainted )................ the burners on the left is a whole burner assy, almost like the standard 'drop-in cartridge'....Both orifices are the same size.............  You want to have a happy customer , but , you do not want to blow them up either..  :woot:...............  (  That would be the end of business relationship  :sweat:   )  .

they are fully aware of this issue and their response is "deal with it"

Per Service Pointer K8178755: "This would be considered normal operation."

If not being able to simmer a damn thing is normal, then this is normal lol

Personally, I would not modify any part of the Gas system from factory design.

What if someone unsuspecting comes along and puts the griddle insert back in

Then the Chef will be asking.... "  How do you like your steak grilled, Raw to Rare ???? "   :ohmy: ............