Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Frumby

Whirlpool Duet Ht Washer Drain Issues

6 posts in this topic

On random loads, the washer running on a normal/casual cycle, does not drain properly leaving the clothes "sloppy" wet. To combat this issue, she switches to the drain/spin cycle and the washer drains normally. There is no associated codes and all drain lines are clear. I'm a bit stumped so any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Off balance load? If the machine is unable to balance the load after 8 tries (don't quote me on that, but 8 is what pops into my mind), then it will complete the cycle with everything still wet. The stuff will be drained, but sopping wet because of no spin. This usually happens on really small but heavy loads (like a pair of jeans) or on bedding or floor mats. Check out what she is washing next time it happens.

i agree with the above, also check for oversudsing

wanna also  check the clean out on that drain pump...could just be a slow pumper from crud ,gookus , lint, change etc...

Thanks for the help gentlemen.  I took the entire hose drain assembly apart and found some lint gumming up the stop valve ball (I'm assuming that prevents water from backing up into the washer).  Apparently, the lint was not allowing the ball to drop completely so water was remaining trapped inside the washer.  I've run 5 cycles without a problem.  Going to try a load of towels and see what happens.  Thank you again.  Semper Fi!