Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeauxkewl

Kenmore refrigerator problem with ice dispenser model 106.58962702

6 posts in this topic

Hi gang, long time since I've been here but in need of professional advice. Have a friend that has the aforementioned Kenmore fridge and the ice dispenser won't hold ice as the flapper door isn't doing the right thing.  I pulled it apart and it appears one of the formed jaws on the ice dispenser housing is broken and the flapper is just sitting there with no support. Tried servall city and the parts place this site supports and servall said to call Sears. Called them, they're telling me the 'housing' is part of the door, not sold separately, and is nearly $600 delivered. That's a lot of dough to repair a 4 year old fridge, thought I'd float it by the pros here to see if anyone has any suggestions. 

In this drawing, it's item number 1:  http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0802004-00008.png

Any helpful hints or suggestions? Thanks in advance... 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

$600? Tell them they've lost their collective minds. This is a known issue and several methods of repair. http://appliantology.org/topic/39786-whirlpool-refrigerator-broken-tab-ice-dispenser-door-kit/ ... in short, using part no 8201756 or repaired with ingenuity courtesy of Sensei Certifiedtech

Dispenser-Door-Flap-8201756-00752884.jpg

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Added part link to flapper kit.

Selling Everything and Repairing Shit

That's Sears for ya!

Edited by Scottthewolf

Wow, I thought I had the settings turned on to get emails when replies were provided... this is fantastic news. Since this is for a friend, I went ahead and ordered the part, we'll see how it goes. Thanks VERY much for the advice!

Done and done. The kit worked beautifully. Thanks again for the great advice.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0