Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Frigidaire SS Fridge-Model# FRS6HR5JSB0, Damper Issue

8 posts in this topic

This Frigidaire SS Refrigerator Model FRS6HR5JSB0  had a damper control motor that was constantly running and making noise. I unplugged it for the customer and order the new one (Part# 241600905) and waited a few days and then installed it.  It did not fix the problem because the motor was still running constantly.  If i had checked for DC power at the wire harness to the motor would I have noticed constant power to the motor?  does this mean that i have a bad Temperature Control Thermostat (Part#241586503)?  Wil that fix the problem?  thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

$$$$$$$ :woot:

$$$$$$$ :woot:

Chump change considering a new SxS refrigerator is around $800

O.K. so I ordered the new control box kit and replaced it, I came away with more questions:

-I may have switched the contols, the capillary tube that goes into the freezer should control freezer temp, and the capillary tube that goes around the foam damper is for the fresh food section?

-Keeping in mind I have these switched, When i powered up the unit I heard the damped motor run for a little bit then stopped. I then tried turning the fresh food temp control knob and i couldn't get the damper to move, likely becuase it was actually the freezer section control?

-Bottom line I need to go back and swap these controls?

I believe the one with the Orange wire controls the Freezer.

Well, based off the old one, I thought too that the one with the orange wire went to the freezer.  If I put the control that has the cap tube that goes to the freezer section, it's the opposite, so thats what I did, I swapped the controls in the plastic and hopefully that works.  Now the control with the cap tube to the freezer corrosponds to the control that says Freezer. Is that right?

Now the control with the cap tube to the freezer corrosponds to the control that says Freezer. Is that right?

Yes.  Freezer control has the orange wire and you can verify by the part number; freezer control part number is 5304421067.  It should be the left-hand control and have it's capillary tube going into the freezer.