Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
fugitive6

Samsung DV330AGW will not power on

7 posts in this topic

I have a Samsung front load dryer that has stopped powering on or powers on very intermittently and runs for a few seconds to a minute or so.  Dryer seems totally dead.  I'm thinking it's the power panel but would like some troubleshooting advice before I order one.  I'm a huge do-it yourselfer and would like to repair this dryer myself.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Start with the simple stuff - check electric plug in for proper 120v/240v, then remove dryer top and look for wire connection issues from the power.

Those were the first things i've looked at.  I've connected it to two different outlets and the same result.  I've opened it up and looked at the connectors too.   Thnx for the help.

I just finished checking the wiring.  All the wiring looks good. Could i jumper out the power button by jumpering the com (white wire) to the on (blue wire) terminal or do i have to do something with the NO wire too?

When you say "dead" do you mean no display and no function, or is it just failing to start the drum turning or keep running ? Have you tried it with the vent disconnected?

Yes, it's totally dead.  No lights no functions.  I have it disconnected from the vent and the gas line atm.  Occasionally it will power on but it will only come on for a minute tops then shut off again.